Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Another Couple Days at the Office...

The Irish women advanced to the third round after a squeaker past Michigan State 1-0! Once again, Rose Augustin scoring first, and last, in the 73rd minute. They will play Minnesota, probably on Friday.

So something must be in the South Bend water lately…at least this past weekend. Irish hockey remains unbeaten for the 6th straight game. The women’s hoops start off their season beating ranked LSU and the men lay the wood to South Carolina Upstate.

I was a little worried about a number nine start to the season, but that soon disappeared as Harangody and crew were back at their normal business. It’s hard not to have high expectations this season. The past two years, although no one expected that much, were still huge disappointments. They were better than Winthrop and better than Wazzu if you ask me. This year they’ve got the target on their back so we’ll see how they handle it. Regardless, they looked damned good today. I really didn’t see anything that concerned me, even if Upstate kept it close in the 1st half. The Luke’s were unstoppable as Harangody laid out 30 and 14, and Zeller was 4-6 from behind the arc with 18 pts. and 5 boards. 50% shooting, 25 assists and 42 rebounds, good start to the season.

A couple of hoops notes, I’m not a fan of the three-point line change. The problem is my 3 pt. shot percentage, which up until now was a respectable 11.3%, may take a hit this season. I expect my shot will be off a bit during this adjustment period. Now if they could just go with the 9 ½ foot basket, I could slam on some fools!

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't dunk if the rim were 6 1/2 feet high with 100 bottle rockets up your "wazzu."

    Wakka, Wakka, Wakka

    ReplyDelete